- Canola oil for oiling the muffin pan
- 2 large green cooking apples
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/4 cups oat bran
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 12-ounce can apple juice concentrate
- 1 cup water
Heat oven to 325 F. Lightly oil muffin pan. Peel and core apples; chop them coarsely. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, stir together pastry flour, white flour, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Add apple juice concentrate, chopped apples, and enough water to make a light batter.
Mix just enough to moisten all ingredients. Divide batter among the muffin cups and bake till lightly browned, 25-30 minutes.
Remove muffins from cups while hot.
- Nutrients Per Serving
- Calories: 208
- Protein: 5.6 grams
- Fat: 1.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 grams
- Carbohydrate: 48.7 grams
- Fiber: 5.4 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg