Quicker than takeaway, this delicious dish is served with a cooling mint-yoghurt dressing.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets
- 60g (1/4 cup) tikka masala curry paste
- 1 x 165g can coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) natural yoghurt
- 1 cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 1/4 cup firmly packed coriander leaves
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 x 200g pkt Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Cous Cous
- Fresh mint leaves, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a baking tray with foil. Place a wire rack on the tray.
- Cut four 1cm-deep slashes in the top of each chicken thigh, almost to the bone. Combine the chicken, curry paste and coconut milk in a bowl. Place the chicken on the wire rack. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the yoghurt, mint, coriander, shallot, garlic and ginger in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge.
- Prepare the couscous following packet directions.
- Divide the couscous and chicken among serving dishes. Top with the yoghurt mixture and extra mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- Tip: To help the chicken cook faster, make the slashes in the chicken thigh cutlets about 1cm deep. This will also let the marinade soak right into the chicken and give a more intense flavour.